Visit the Federal Way Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through October to pick up the local ingredients needed for this week’s recipe.
The farmers market is located behind The Commons mall along South 324th Street in Federal Way.
Zucchini crust pizza (serves 4-6)
By Vickie Chynoweth
2 Cups zucchini grated (J & E Produce)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cooked ground mild Italian sausage
20 pepperoni slices
1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbles
3-4 thin slices of new onion, rings separated (Amador Farms)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced olives
2 cups shredded Chihuahua Cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Using a medium holed grater, grate 2 cups of zucchini, about 2 medium size. Put grated zucchini in colander, using paper towels press all excess water out of zucchini. Pick up pressed zucchini with a few dry paper towels and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
3. In a large bowl mix eggs, flour, cornmeal, parmesan cheese, baking soda and salt. Stir with a fork until well blended. Add zucchini, mix until evenly blended.
4. Lightly oil 14 inch nonstick pizza pan or sheet pan, then lightly dust oil with cornmeal. Pour zucchini mixture over prepared pan. Using a spoon, spread zucchini crust mixture to 1/2 to 3/4 inch from side of pizza pan.
5. Bake crust for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
6. Assemble Pizza toppings starting with pizza sauce. Spread pizza sauce evenly over pizza leaving a 1/2 inch bare at the edge. Add the remainder of the ingredients in this order; cheese, onion, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, olives and pepperoni.
7. Place pizza with toppings back in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese has melted and bubbly.
8. Cut into 8 wedges and serve with additional parmesan cheese.