The Taste of Federal Way is Saturday, Sept. 25 from 11 a.m to 2 p.m. at the Federal Way Farmers Market. While you’re there, you can pick up the necessary ingredients to make the appetizer below.
Peach jalapeño poppers (makes 10 servings)
By Vickie Chynoweth
10 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed (J & E Farm)
1 peach peeled, slice thinly (J & E Farm)
4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
5 slices center cut bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Put one slice of peach in each jalapeño half.
3. Fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture.
4. Add a peach slice on each cream cheese stuffed jalapeño.
5. Wrap each stuffed pepper with a 1/2 slice of bacon. Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook for 40–45 minutes or until the bacon is at desired doness.
7. Cool poppers for 5–10 minutes before eating.