Federal Way Public Schools kindergarten registration opens on Jan. 21 for the 2020–21 school year. Families with a child who will be 5 years old by Aug. 31, 2020 are welcome to enroll their child online.
To enroll online, visit www.fwps.org/onlineenrollment, and click on the “Student Registration” link to start the process. Families can contact their child’s school for assistance.
The following documents are required at the time of registration:
• Proof of address (rental agreement, purchase agreement, or utility bill).
• Proof of child’s immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B, and varicella (chickenpox) or certificate of exemption.
• Proof of child’s age (birth certificate, passport).
Two exciting activities are offered to welcome and introduce kindergarten scholars and their families to FWPS.
• Jump Start is an orientation at the school site. Families are invited to attend this event to meet kindergarten and administrative staff, see the classrooms and get a feel for the school. The Jump Start dates occur throughout the months of May and June.
• K Camp is a summer camp that occurs 2 weeks before school officially starts.
Specific times to be determined by each school location.