The Federal Way Farmers Market is a spring and summer staple in the community. Visit the market from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through October and find the ingredients needed for the treat below.
The Federal Way Farmers Market is behind The Commons mall along South 324th Street.
Rhubarb Oatmeal Cookies (Makes 4 dozen)
By Vickie Chynoweth
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup rhubarb cut into small pieces, about 1.5 stems (Sidhu Farms)
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour, scraping sides of bowl until well combined.
5. Stir in rhubarb, craisins and chopped pecans until evenly distributed throughout dough. Add rolled oats and stir.
6. Drop dough be rounded teaspoons 1-2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
7. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely