Festive Berry Cake (makes 10 servings)
By Vickie Chynoweth
1 pre-made Angel Food Cake
1 3.3-ounce Jello mix, raspberry flavor
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 pint strawberries (Sidhu Farms)
1 cup raspberry (Sidhu Farms)
1 cup blueberries
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
4 cups confectioners sugar
1. Remove cake from container and invert onto serving plate.
2. Poke cake with a chop stick at 1/2 intervals.
3. Prepare jello as directed on package. Pour half of jello slowly over holes in cake. (pour the rest of the jello in bowl and place in refrigerator to eat later)
4. Puree half of the strawberries in food processor or blender. Use the other half of strawberries to serve with cake.
5. In a mixing bowl add pureed strawberries and 2 cups of sugar. Mix until thoroughly blended. Add mascarpone and 2 cups of sugar. Mix until frosting is stiff, and no lumps remain.
7. Frost the sides and top of cake. Add Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries to middle hole of angel food cake.