Visit the Federal Way Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through Oct. 29 to pick up the local ingredients needed for this week’s recipe.
The farmers market is located behind The Commons mall along South 324th Street in Federal Way.
Deli Cauliflower Salad Dressing (makes 6 servings)
By Vickie Chynoweth
2 cups cauliflower small pieces – Sidhu Farm
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 pound dried salami, thinly sliced & chopped
1/2 cup smoked cheese, diced
1/4 cup arugula, chopped
1/4 cup Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Ancient Trees
1/4 cup Classic Lemon Balsamic Vinegar – Nature’s Work
1 tablespoon honey – Novo Bees LLC
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1. Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. Cut the cauliflower in sections. Break each flower down into small flower pieces about the same size as a black bean.
3. Add the rinsed black beans and raisins to the cauliflower.
4. Mix the dried salami in the cauliflower mixture.
5. Dice the cheese into small half-inch pieces. Add to cauliflower salad.
6. Chop the arugula. Add to salad, lightly mix.
7. Pour dressing over salad and mix thoroughly. This is a delicious salad with the crunch factor that also satisfies the taste buds.