BBQ meatball & veggie kebabs (Makes 12 meatballs = 6 servings)
By Vickie Chynoweth
Ingredients for meatballs
1.5 pounds ground beef, 85% meat 15% fat
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Brett’s Texas Style BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Johnny’s seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Ingredients for sauce
2 cups chopped apricots Amador Farms
4 tablespoons honey Novo Bees
3 tablespoons Brett’s Texas Style BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
Fresh ground salt and pepper
Ingredients for kebabs
Zucchini (1/2) Amador Farms
Cabbage (1/4) Amador Farms
Broccoli spears Amador Farms
Corn (2 ears) Amador Farms
Red onion (1) Amador Farms
Small red potatoes (20) Amador Farms
1. Cut pineapple and vegetables into 1-and-a-half inch to 2-inch pieces.
2. Cook corn in microwave for 3 minutes, cool and cut into 1- to 1-and-a-half inch pieces. You will need 12 pieces of cut corn.
3. Place potatoes in medium bowl. Cover potatoes with water and cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes to soften potatoes. Set vegetables aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Using a fork, mix until well combined.
2. Use a 1/4 cup to measure meat mixture for each meatball. Using your hands form meatballs.
1. In a medium saucepan, add apricots and the rest of the sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. When apricots are soft, use a potato masher or the bottom of a glass to smash the apricots. Cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
Prepare grill for kebabs. Spray grill racks and kebabs with cooking spray oil. Make kebabs by skewering corn then alternating vegetables and two meatballs. End the kebabs with corn.
Cook kebabs over medium-high heat. Brush sauce on each meatball while cooking. Turn kebabs every 5 minutes, brushing each meatball with sauce on each turn. Cook 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Remove from grill. Serve with the remainder of the sauce.