Homemade protein bars (makes 20 bars)
By Vickie Chynoweth
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup honey
1/2 cup hemp hearts
3/4 cup whey protein powder, vanilla
Chocolate glaze ingredients
10 ounces of 72% Cacao dark chocolate chunks
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set side.
2. In a large bowl, melt peanut butter, almond butter and honey in microwave for 30-45 seconds or until soft and easily stirred.
3. Fold in Rice Krispies, hemp hearts and whey protein powder until evenly mixed.
4. Transfer cereal mixture to the lined pan and press firmly until evenly spread into pan.
5. Place cereal mixture in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until firm. Once firm, use a sharp knife to cut into 20 bars.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chunks and coconut oil. Cook for 30 seconds, stir, and cook for 30 seconds, stir. Continue until chocolate is melted. (Chocolate will burn in the microwave if over cooked. DO NOT cook longer than 30 seconds between each stirring interval.)
7. Using a skewer, stick each cereal bar to dip in the melted chocolate and then place on parchment paper. Repeat until all bars are coated.
8. Place bars in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.