Curry egg salad on sun-dried tomato bread (makes 6 servings)
By Vickie Chynoweth
6 hard-boiled eggs peeled
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Sun-dried tomato bread:
1 1/4 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 1/4 tsp quick-rise active dry yeast
3 cup bread flour
1/3 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 egg white
Red leaf lettuce
*I used a bread machine to mix and rise the dough. Bread takes 3 hours to make from start to finish.
1. Chop hard-boiled eggs and combine with all other ingredients. Optional sprinkle with paprika.
Sun-dried tomato bread
1. In a medium saucepan on medium heat combine milk, honey, and olive oil to 110-120 degrees. Do not boil.
2. I used a bread machine to mix and rise the dough. Place warmed milk in the bread machine. Add yeast, flour, and salt. Turn machine on dough setting. When the timer goes off, stir in the ingredients and add chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
4. When the bread machine turns off. Punch down dough and put the dough on a lightly floured surface. Make 6 individual balls. Shape each ball into 3-inch by half-inch round. Roll up and
pinch all seams to remove air bubbles.
5. Place each roll on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife make two slits in each roll (optional). Cover with parchment paper and let rise for one hour.
6. Using a soft brush coat each roll with egg white. Bake rolls for 15 -20 minutes or until lightly browned. Once done, place on a wire rack to cool. Slice rolls in half place red lettuce on the bottom part of the roll, top with egg salad.
Bada bing, bada boom, done!