The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has filed a murder charge against the man suspected of shooting a 19-year-old Federal Way man in the head on the Fourth of July.
The victim, Matthew Saelor, remained at Harborview Medical Center in extreme critical condition for three days after the shooting. He died as a result of the shooting on July 7.
Sir Antonio-Patrick Agee II, 19 of Kent, was originally charged with first-degree assault on July 7. On Thursday, prosecutors upgraded the charge to first-degree murder.
Agee pleaded not guilty on July 21 and remains in custody with bail set at $2 million. The omnibus hearing is at 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22 at the Maleng Regional Justice Center.
Around 10 p.m. July 4, Saelor was celebrating the holiday with family members in the residential area. Witnesses told police they saw a white sedan speeding down the street and yelled at the driver to slow down as there were kids nearby, the Mirror previously reported.
The witness told police a person in the backseat — later identified as Agee — swore at the people and allegedly fired several gunshots out of the window before fleeing the scene. One of the gunshots struck Saelor in the head, another was fired through the bedroom window of the family’s home.
Officers located and pulled over the sedan a short time later, and reportedly found a handgun in the backseat, according to charging documents. The female driver of the car allegedly told police she heard a person on the sidewalk say something to them and one of the male passengers yelled back before she heard what she believed to be fireworks.
Agee has no prior criminal history.
A GoFundMe account was created to assist Saelor’s family with medical and funeral expenses. So far, the fundraiser has collected $24,781 of an $80,000 goal, as of July 22.
Saelor was preparing to graduate next year from the University of Washington Tacoma with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, according to the GoFundMe page. He is described as quiet, hardworking and always honest to people.