Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Lewd act: At 3:15 p.m. May 21 in the 31100 block of 3rd Court South, it was reported that an unknown male exposed himself to a girl as she walked home from school. The suspect, located inside a van, was touching his genitals and called the girl over to his vehicle.
• Underage relations: At 4 p.m. on an undetermined date in the 31800 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a person reported her 15-year-old niece was having sexual relations with the 36-year-old ex-boyfriend of the complainant’s half-sister.
• DUI accident: At 6:30 a.m. May 17 at 1600 S.W. Dash Point Road, a DUI accident occurred. One person was taken to St. Francis Hospital following the accident.
• Gun shots: At 2:36 a.m. May 17 in the 27800 block of Pacific Highway S., it was reported that two gunshots and vehicles speeding away were heard near an apartment complex. There were no injuries or damages.
• Gas tank shenanigans: At 10:37 p.m. May 20 in the 28600 block of 25th Place South, a woman reported someone put sugar in her vehicle’s gas tank.
• Mistaken counterfeit: At 4:06 p.m. May 20 at 2001 S. Commons, a person reported that a movie-goer attempted to pass a counterfeit $20 bill, which was checked by the complainant with a marker for authenticity. The suspect was detained and later released when the bill was determined to be genuine. The employee received instructions on how to verify counterfeit money.