In March 2011, the Mirror formed its Editorial Board with the purpose of bringing together community members of the greater Federal Way area to address important issues.
The board has written a number of editorials, discussed hot topics, endorsed campaigns, and addressed specific referendums. It consists of five community members as well as the editor and publisher of the Mirror.
Three of the current board members’ terms will expire in March 2017. If you’d like to be considered for one of these openings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short statement about why you want to be involved.
Before applying for this position, please consider the following:
• Board members represent a variety of backgrounds, both political and socioeconomic.
• Board members must be keenly aware of the issues in Federal Way.
• Board members need to be open-minded, with the ability to listen and discuss multiple points of view.
• As a board member, your name will appear in the editorial pages of the Mirror.
• While on the board, you and your immediate family members will need to refrain from endorsing any issues in Federal Way that could be viewed as a conflict of interest. This will include politically charged issues and political candidates. Additionally, you or your spouse cannot currently hold elected office.
• Board members are asked to commit to a two-year term and to attend meetings twice per month at 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
This is a volunteer position that will begin in March 2017 and is for a two-year term. Please express your interest by Dec. 31.