Homemade candy seems to be plentiful for the holiday season.
One of my favorite candy recipes is peanut brittle. The added peanut butter not only gives this brittle a more peanut taste, it also makes it softer than most peanut brittles.
Not Your Grandmother’s Peanut Brittle
By Vickie Chynoweth
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup corns syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 pound raw nuts or unsalted mixed nuts
3/4 cup peanut butter (not natural or organic)
1 teaspoon baking soda (heaping)
1. Lightly butter bottom of baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a 5 quart nonstick sauce pan, mix sugar, corn syrup and nuts.
3. Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently until syrup turns amber and aromatic.
5. Stir in butter and peanut butter until melted.
6. Add baking soda and stir quickly, until blended
7. Pour onto the greased cookie sheet. DO NOT SPREAD.