Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Lewd act: At 9:45 p.m. July 2 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, officers responded to a report of a nude man running down the street. The man was speaking incoherently and was detained. He was recommended for mental evaluation and transported to a care facility.
• Minor in possession: At 5:41 p.m. July 2 at 3106 S.W. 336th St., a juvenile was contacted on school property. The minor was in possession of alcohol and tobacco.
• Diaper bag plays double duty: At 11:38 a.m. July 2 at 34520 16th Ave. S., two suspects were observed concealing $148 worth of Wal-Mart merchandise in a diaper bag.
• Faulty sparkler bomb: At 8:25 a.m. July 2 at 2405 S. 300th St., Federal Way school security reported an unknown suspect tried to light a sparkler bomb by the Wildwood Elementary flag pole. The homemade explosive failed to ignite and police removed it from the location.
• Motor vehicle damages property: At 9:20 a.m. in the 32600 block of 17th Avenue South, it was reported that someone heading south on 17th Avenue South appears to have hopped the curb and run into some trees. One tree was damaged and another salvageable. The curb and sidewalk suffered damage as well. Similar incidents have happened in the past.
• Vehicle fire: At 2:16 p.m. July 3 in the 28100 block of 19th Place South, police and fire responded to a vehicle fire. The registered owner reported neighbor children knocked on his door to report the fire after he returned home from work. The fire was in the engine and did not appear suspicious. Nobody was injured. The vehicle was recently purchased.
• Burglarized gym: At 11:39 p.m. July 4 at 32818 1st Ave. S., a suspect burglarized Bally’s. A broken window was the point of entry.
• Stolen alcohol: At 1:47 p.m. July 4 in the 1600 block of Southwest 312th Street, a suspect placed several bottles of alcoholic beverages in his pants and walked out of a convenience store without paying for the items.