The annual Fill the Canoe Back to School Drive is on through Friday, Aug. 12.
Each year, Red Canoe Credit Union partners with branch communities to collect thousands of pounds of school supplies, which are matched pound-for-pound by the credit union.
This year’s goal is to collect 1,000 backpacks. As the FWPS district is providing other school supplies, the fundraiser’s focus is on collecting quality backpacks for students. All donations qualify for the matching program of $1 per pound of supplies.
This year, the community can support Fill the Canoe in two ways. Donations of new backpacks can be dropped off at the Federal Way Red Canoe branch and several other locations. People can also donate funds online at www.fillthecanoe.com.
All donations go to We Love Our City for Federal Way Public School (FWPS) students and families in most need.
Your support of Fill the Canoe helps ensure children in our community get the tools they need this fall. We’re proud of Red Canoe Credit Union’s commitment to local kids. Please join our efforts if you can!
Drop off locations include:
- Red Canoe Credit Union
- South King Fire and Rescue fire stations
- Federal Way City Hall
- Federal Way Community Center
- Family Life Community Church
Other ways to help:
- Donate School Supplies! Drop off new backpack donations at Red Canoe Credit Union Branch (33616 Pacific Hwy S.), or at Family Life Community Church and all South King Fire and Rescue stations.
- Donate dollars! Donate online through Aug. 12 at www.fillthecanoe.com.
- Encourage others! If your business would like to donate, let the organizers listed below know.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Bridget O’Connor at email@example.com or Shelley Pauls at firstname.lastname@example.org.