A fire at Camelot Square Mobile Home Park, 3001 S. 288th St., displaced about 10 people, including three children, and severely damaged several structures.
The call came in to South King Fire & Rescue just after 11 p.m. on July 21.
South King Fire & Rescue Captain Jeff Bellinghausen of South King Fire & Rescue confirmed the fire was accidental, and caused no damage to any human or animal life.
However, the property damage was severe, he said, with two structures burned to the ground and a third so damaged it cannot be entered. Two cars were also lost in the blaze, he said.
One victim lost a carseat for her child in the fire, so South King Fire was planning to meet her at Walmart on Monday to buy her a new one, Bellinghausen said.
The victim whose house the fire started in was asleep at the time and didn’t have a smoke alarm, Bellinghausen said. Luckily, he was saved by a neighbor who saw the flames and got him out of the house in time, Bellinghausen said.
The fire shows the importance of having working smoke alarms, Bellinghausen said, because had it not been for the neighbor, this tragedy could have turned out differently.