The Federal Way Public Schools Board of Education is extending the deadline for the vacant board director position to Friday, April 12, at 4:30 p.m.
The board is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• Have experience leading for equity and a passion to serve all student-scholars;
• Have demonstrated involvement in educational environments; and
• Have the ability to work with a diverse, dynamic team operating at the policy level.
Applicants will need to provide two short letters of reference by 4:30 p.m. April 12. If applicants have any questions or need more information about the board director vacancy application process, contact the Office of the Superintendent at 253-945-2013.
Applications may be submitted in the following ways:
• In person at the FWPS Educational Service Center, 33330 8th Ave. S., Federal Way.
• Mailed to FWPS Educational Service Center, Office of the Superintendent, 33330 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, Wash. 98003; or
• Email signed application to email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday, April 16, beginning at 4:30 p.m. at Federal Way High School. Action on candidate selection will be taken at the special board meeting on Tuesday, April 16 at Federal Way High School.
The selected candidate will take the oath of office on Tuesday, April 23.
For additional information and to download the application, visit www.fwps.org.