Visit the Federal Way Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through October to pick up the local ingredients needed for this week’s recipe.
The farmers market is located behind The Commons mall along South 324th Street in Federal Way.
Rhubarb oatmeal cookies (makes 4 dozen)
By Vickie Chynoweth
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nature’s Work Vanilla
3/4 cup rhubarb cut into small pieces, about 1.5 stems (Sidhu Farms)
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour, scraping sides of bowl until well combined.
5. Stir in rhubarb, craisins and chopped pecans until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Add rolled oats and stir.
6. Drop dough-rounded teaspoons 1-2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
7. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely