The Federal Way Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through October. Visit the weekly vendors to pick up the necessary ingredients to make this recipe below.
Italian garlic pasta bowls (serves 6)
By Vickie Chynoweth
1 pound ground Italian sweet sausage
1/3 cup sliced new garlic (Bautista Farm)
1 cup sliced carrots (Bautista Farm)
2 cups sliced & quartered zucchini (Armonda Farm)
2 cups chopped purple asparagus (Armonda Farm)
2 tablespoons Ancient Trees Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
1/4 cup pesto
9 ounces gluten-free garlic chive rooster comb pasta (Nature’s Works)
Breadsticks (Forest Fairy Bakery)
18 grape tomatoes (optional)
1. Cook sausage, drain and set aside.
2. Cook rooster comb pasta according to package directions. Drain, stir in pesto and set aside.
3. In a large skillet add olive oil garlic and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Then add zucchini and asparagus cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened yet still firm.
4. Stir sausage and vegetables together until evenly mixed.
5. Divide pasta in six bowls. Add sausage vegetable mixture on top of pasta. Place three grape tomatoes on top of each pasta bowl.
6. Serve with breadsticks