The Federal Way Diversity Commission’s annual Flavor of Federal Way will be celebrated throughout the week starting Monday, Aug. 3.
The 2020 Flavor of Federal Way multi-cultural festival at Town Square Park was canceled earlier this summer due to health concerns of public gatherings amid COVID-19.
However, board members are ensuring the local community can still support local business owners and particularly entrepreneurs of color, said Diversity Commission Chair Julian Franco.
The goal of Flavor of Federal Way is to celebrate and experience the cultures from all over the world that are represented in the local region, to bring communities together, and help residents learn about their neighbors and their heritage.
“It is our hope that guests will come away with a broader understanding and appreciation of the diverse resources, food, experiences, and opportunities available in our city,” according to the commission’s website.
The weeklong virtual event includes highlighting local vendors, businesses, nonprofits, artists and more:
- Monday Aug. 3: kick off announcement of Flavor of Federal Way Week
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: announcement of food vendors and sharing of “Flavor Specials”
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: announcement of local area business and other vendors
- Thursday, Aug. 6: announcement of local area nonprofits
- Friday, Aug. 7: announcement of local artist and performers
- Saturday, Aug. 8: Recap of the Flavor of Federal Way
For more information or to keep an eye out for announcements, visit the Flavor of Federal Way Facebook page.