Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Home burglary: At 4:32 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 29600 block of 21st Place South, a home burglary was reported. A truck was also stolen from the residence’s driveway around the same time as the burglary.
• Hazy happenings: At 4:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported leaving a tavern intoxicated and waking up near bushes. The victim did not remember what took place after leaving the tavern and suspected she had been sexually assaulted.
• Medical investigation: At 6:58 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim passed away due to unknown circumstances. The King County Medical Examiner’s office is investigating the death.
• Stolen mail: At 9:56 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 29400 block of 7th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported the front of his or her mailbox was torn off and mail was stolen. The incident has happened multiple times.
• Attempted robbery: At 6:31 p.m. Oct. 7 at 33702 21st Avenue Southwest, a suspect attempted to rob a cashier at Fred Meyer. The suspect paid $60 and asked for four $20 bills back. The man told the cashier he had a weapon, but made no threats. No money was taken. The man was seen outside the store renting a movie shortly after the incident.
• Theft: At 1:20 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 32700 block of 5th Avenue Southwest, a suspect stole two purses from a victim’s vehicle. The suspect then used the victim’s credit card to make a $1,000 purchase.
• Copper theft: At 1:24 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 34200 block of 34th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported that a suspect stole copper wiring and faucet fixtures from two of his residences under construction. The loss is valued at $5,400.
• Assault: At 9:11 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim was walking home when he was thrown to the ground by an unknown suspect who demanded the victim give the suspect everything he had. The victim handed over his wallet.
• Collision: At 1:30 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 2800 block of Southwest 336th Street, police were dispatched to a three-car collision. A suspect was intoxicated and was issued a DUI.