Fireworks, food and star-studded entertainment are on tap for Federal Way’s 26th annual Fourth of July Red, White and Blues Festival.
Free and open to the public, the event starts at 4 p.m. July 4 at Celebration Park, 1095 South 324th St., and concludes with a fireworks show that begins at 10:15 p.m.
The festival includes live music and fun activities for all ages, including fantastic inflatables and a Zorb ball. Kids of all ages will enjoy interactive sports and games, family-friendly activities, face painting and a Kids Parade. The event also features an interactive arts and crafts tent where participants can make-and-take a variety of festive creations. Fan-favorite food vendors will be on-site to offer a wide range of dinner options, festival goodies and frozen treats. The event’s general store will satisfy the shopping urges of anyone looking for patriotic or glow-in-the-dark novelties and other concessions.
Live entertainment and music begins at 4 p.m. on the Main Stage. World-class entertainer, comedian and juggler Alex Zerbe is back again by popular demand as Master of Ceremonies. Kids of all ages will be encouraged to march in the Kids Parade at 7:15 p.m.
The evening will finish with one of the best fireworks displays in the South Sound. Festivalgoers will have a front-row seat to the 22-minute choreographed fireworks show by Pyro Spectaculars. Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for watching the fireworks. Tents, canopies, and pop-up umbrellas are not permitted.
Free on-site parking will be available at the Celebration Park Main Parking Lot. The parking lot opens to the public at 3 p.m., but will remain closed throughout the day for event setup. Those wishing to access the kid’s playground area or Celebration Park trails are encouraged to park in the South Soccer Field Lots.
This event is brought to you by Federal Way’s Parks Department, including the Community Center and Recreation Divisions. The event is proudly sponsored and supported by the Korum for Kids Foundation, Waste Management, Red Canoe Credit Union, the Federal Way Mirror, Federal Way Arts Commission and 4Culture.
Main Stage Schedule
• 4 – 5:30 p.m.: The Mix (popular top 40); themixpartyband.com
• Master of Ceremonies: Alex Zerbe (alexzerbe.com)
• 6 – 7 p.m.: The Infinity Project (Journey Tribute Band); www.theinfinityprojectband.com
• 7 – 7:15 p.m.: Mayor Jim Ferrell (Mayoral Address and introduction of elected officials)
• 7:15 – 7:25 p.m.: Kid’s Parade (*Open to kids of all ages, meet at the Arts and Crafts Tent at 7 p.m.)
• 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.: BroHamM (Motown Hits); www.brohamm.com
• 9 – 10 p.m.: Heart By Heart (Original members of Heart) www.heartbyheart.com
• 10:15 p.m.: Fireworks Display
Field Activities open from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Zorb Ball
• Interactive Sports
• Arts and Crafts
• Family Recreation
• Live Music
• Community Service Booths
Food vendors open at 4 p.m.
• Murph’s BBQ
• Billy McHale’s
• Pac Island Grill
• La Malinche
• Ice Cream Lady
• H & S Novelties
• Federal Way Hawks (festival favorites)
• BBQ grills, campfires, personal fireworks, tents, canopies, pop-up umbrellas.
• Pets are not allowed at the event, and should not under any circumstances be left in vehicles.
A “friendly fourth” reminder that parking is limited on-site, therefore carpooling and walking is encouraged.
If you would like to have a community service booth at the event, please contact Doug.Nelson@cityoffederalway.com or (253) 835-6930. For more information, visit www.cityoffederalway.com or call 253-835-6900.