Federal Way police arrest suspect for vehicular assault after crash

The following is a sample from the Federal Way Police blotter:

Couch mistake: At 11:36 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, police responded to a possible burglary in progress. The resident stated a male entered his apartment, sat down on the couch and began watching television. Officers arrived and detained the male, who was intoxicated. He stated he thought he was in his own apartment, which was two down from the victim’s. The resident stated he did not want to prosecute at this time due to the circumstances. The subject was released and led to his own apartment.

Wrong time period: At 10:20 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, police conducted a welfare check. The subject was disoriented and believed he was in Seattle and Tacoma. He thought it was Tuesday in 1961, was shaking, and had speech issues. He advised he tried to take a bus home, but it brought him here. Due to weather and the subject’s disorientation, officers determined he could not care for himself. He was taken to a local facility for treatment.

Dozed off: At 3:04 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 1000 block of Southwest 356th Street, police responded to a head-on collision. Upon arrival, the suspect admitted to falling asleep at the wheel. Standardized field sobriety tests were conducted, which the suspect failed, as he blew a 0.18 preliminary breath test, and he was arrested. The victim had to be extricated from his vehicle by South King Fire & Rescue and was transported to Harborview with a compound fracture in his arm and possible pelvic and femoral fractures. Suspect sustained a cut to his hand, was cleared at Highline after a blood draw, and booked into SCORE jail for vehicular assault.

Armed robbery: At 11:09 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 1400 block of South Dash Point Road, two victims were robbed at gunpoint. One of the victims was stabbed during the robbery. The suspects have not been located.

Unknown caller: At 2:28 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 300 block of South 302nd Place, police received a report that a woman received a phone call from an unknown number. Upon answering, a male with an Indian accent was asking the woman computer questions. The person then stated, “I see your naked pictures,” and said he wanted to have intercourse with her. The reporting party advised her husband, who yelled at the caller and hung up the phone. The woman did not recognize the caller’s voice. When police attempted to call the number, there was no answer, and they were unable to establish subscriber information.

Transient encampment: At 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at Celebration Park, officers of the Special Operation Unit checked the old air field wooded parcels after a citizen complaint about transient activity. Officers discovered a large encampment down the wooded trail and contacted 11 subjects. All 11 subjects were trespass banned from the parcels and offered social service resources. Police will conduct follow-up checks of the area.

It’s electric: At 11:17 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 1600 block of South 348th Street, a woman staying in a hotel was contacted after claiming electricity was building up and exposed wires in her room were placing her in danger. Police arrived to discover the female to be experiencing what appeared to be a methamphetamine-induced paranoia or psychosis. The woman’s husband stated she hadn’t been taking her medication and may have relapsed on meth. The woman claimed her husband strangled her, but no physical evidence of that was found. Police had no reason to involuntarily commit the woman, who left to go to her mother’s.

Wiper away: At 2:46 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 1700 block of South 320th Street, a victim called to report someone broke the windshield wiper on her vehicle. She said an unknown male began arguing with her when she parked in the parking lot of the office space she was cleaning because he wanted her parking spot. The victim went inside the office space and, when she returned, discovered the windshield wiper arm on her vehicle was damaged and the other vehicle was gone. At this time, there are no witnesses of the incident, and probable cause was not established for the male.

Chemical assault: At 1:12 p.m. Dec. 1 at the 7-11 on Southwest 312th Street, officers responded to an employee being assaulted by an unknown female. Police arrived on location and made contact with the employee, who reported an unknown female got angry because he asked for identification during a purchase of cigarettes. The female was yelling and later sprayed the victim with a chemical agent/pepper spray. No merchandise was taken, and the female was not located or identified. Police recovered recorded surveillance, and the case is ongoing.

Firearm threat: At 11:28 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 2000 block of South 314th Street, police responded to a threat with a firearm. The victim reported that he and the suspect got into a verbal argument about the victim not watching for traffic and the suspect almost hit him. The suspect pulled a Glock 27 from a holster that was not attached to him and held it in his hand. The victim began to back away, and the suspect punched him in the face.

Drug activity: At 10:43 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to a report of drug activity inside a vehicle. Officers arrived on scene and contacted the driver, who was arrested for providing false statements to a police officer.

Door kicker: At 8:50 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 33000 block of 18th Place South, police received a report from a resident who heard two loud bangs on the front door of her apartment. She stated she yelled she was calling the police and the bangs stopped. She told police the door frame by the dead bolt was bulged out as if someone tried to kick in her door. Police noted a 4-by-6-inch mark that was possibly caused by a shoe or boot by the door knob, but it was very faint with no identifiable marks. The victim stated she had no idea who would try to kick in her front door, and there was no suspect or witness information.

Alarmed: At 6:24 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 31000 block of Eighth Avenue South, officers responded to a report of a residential alarm. When they arrived on scene, they noticed the front door’s small glass window had fallen out into the house. It is unknown if it was forcibly broken or if it happened accidentally. The door was opened from the inside, and officers cleared the location. Upon entry, a very loud audible alarm could be heard throughout the entire house. No signs of tampering inside the home were noted. No person was found inside the home. Multiple attempts were made to contact the homeowner regarding the alarm, but police were unable to reach them.

Delayed details: At 5:55 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 29000 block of 23rd Avenue South, police received a call from a man who reported he had information concerning a murder that happened in Federal Way within the last few years. The male was contacted by phone and gave a telephonic statement concerning the events as he knew them.