Ex-wife seeks vengeance

Death threats: At 3:25 Sept. 3 near the 2200 block of S. Star Lake, the victim called 911 to report harassment by phone. The victim had apparently been receiving texts from an unknown number saying things like they would “shoot her dead.” The caller told police that she had previously spoken to a man over Facebook who had deposited money in her bank account and was now asking for it back. The victim believes the threats are from this person. She has never met any of the parties in person and can’t confirm identity. She hasn’t had any further communication since blocking the number and was advised to call police if the situation escalates.

Dog bite: At 12:22 p.m. Sept. 3 near the 34400 block of 21st Avenue SW, a German shepherd was reported to have bitten a man in the face over a fence, which resulted in minor injury. The dog was placed on home confinement and the owner was given a public nuisance infraction.

Deceased: At 9:37 a.m. Sept. 2 near the 34700 block of 21 Avenue SW police responded to a call from a reporting party of a deceased person hanging in a tree at the listed location. Police were able to locate and identify the deceased by the reportee.

Throwing rocks: At 4:28 p.m. Sept. 1 near the 1400 block of S. 348th Street, a suspect was observed throwing large rocks at security vehciles parked behind the Sportsman’s Warehouse at the listed location. The suspect then entered the store where he was confronted and detained. He was found to have a warrant and was entered into SCORE jail without incident.

Pedestrian encounter: At 11:31 p.m. Aug. 30 near Fox Run Apartments, police responded to a call of a pedestrian vs. vehicle collision. When police arrived, they witnessed a female lying on the ground, complaining of leg pain. The female said she was walking along the side of the road when a vehicle struck her from behind at a high rate of speed, knocking off her flip-flops. The male driver was exiting Fox Run Apartments slowly when he saw the female lying on the ground, and drove around her before coming to a stop and calling 911. There was no evidence of a collision found at the scene, and no obvious signs of injury were found on the female. The female told police she was homeless and refused to cooperate further. Then she left the area on foot.

Vengeful ex-wife: At 8:45 a.m. Aug. 29 near the 31900 block of 3rd Lane SW, police responded to the listed address to a report of a victim’s car being keyed as well as all four tires being punctured. The victim believes it was done by her boyfriend’s ex-wife, since the ex-wife had apparently been sending her angry Facebook messages. The officer confirmed with apartment management there are no cameras covering that area of the parking lot. The victim said she was going to seek an anti-harassment order.

Suspicious activity: At 9:20 a.m. Aug. 29 near the 120 block of SW 366th Street, the reporting party told police a security camera on his property caught a pickup truck driving up and down his street the night before. He said his camera caught the truck pulling into his driveway with a white male in the driver’s seat and a white female in the passenger seat. The female then apparently exited the vehicle and went to his porch, where a package was clearly visible. The female noticed the camera and quickly left with the male in the truck. Footage of the truck was sent to police for documentation.

Cellphone disagreement: At 3:44 p.m. Aug. 28 near the 1300 block of SW Campus Drive, a father and son were involved in an argument and the son’s phone was taken away. The son then attacked his father, and a physical altercation followed, but no obvious injuries were caused. The son was involuntarily committed after saying several times he was suicidal.

Phone burglary: At 4:39 p.m. Aug. 28 near the 30900 block of 16th Place SW, police received a call that between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m., the victim was sleeping in his room when his window screen was removed by unknown suspects and his phone was stolen from on top of a counter near the window. The phone was deactivated so it could not be tracked. There was nothing of evidentiary value since the screen was back in the window frame when police arrived.