• Crushed rock and asphalt pavement will be placed between the View at Redondo Apartments, 29421 Pacific Highway S., and the Buddhist Learning Center, 28621 Pacific Highway South, the week of April 14, weather permitting. SCI Infrastructure will restore the driveway and parking lot at Western Union Checkmate, 28722 Pacific Highway S., at the same time.
• On April 14, SCI will be placing crushed rock on the south side of South Dash Point Road, between Pacific Highway South and Redondo Way South. Weather permitting, paving will begin April 17.
• SCI will break and continue setting forms for the wall fascia panels near the Overlook Condominiums, 29645 18th Ave. S., April 14. Concrete will be poured on Fridays. Forms will be broken free and reset the following week for the next pour. Reinforcing steel will be set ahead of forms. Fascia panel construction is expected to last a total of 10 weeks. Expect this work to continue into May.
• The electrical subcontractor will be installing the new signal components for the South Dash Point Road and Pacific Highway South intersection at least through April 25. They will also begin installing the street lighting system at selected locations on the southbound side of Pacific Highway South. The signal mast arms will be erected sometime after mid-May.
• Work on the new north entrance to the View at Redondo Apartments, 29421 Pacific Highway S., is progressing. SCI will place crushed rock at the entrance April 14 or 15. Paving will be done on or about April 17, weather permitting. SCI will begin working on walls at the south end of this same complex the week beginning April 21.
• SCI will continue placing wall blocks near the Soundview condominiums,28425 18th Ave. S. This work will proceed from the north end of the wall to the south end. Wall construction will continue at least into the week of April 14.
Expect daytime lane closures for much of this work.