The Federal Way Public Schools Board of Education is extending the deadline for the vacant board director position to Friday, May 3, at 4:30 p.m.
The board is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• Have experience leading for equity and a passion to serve all student-scholars;
• Have demonstrated involvement in educational environments; and
• Have the ability to work with a diverse, dynamic team operating at the policy level.
Applicants will need to provide two short letters of reference by 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 3.
If applicants have any questions or need more information about the board director vacancy application process, contact the Office of the Superintendent at 253-945-2013.
Applications may be submitted in the following ways:
• In person at the FWPS Educational Service Center, 33330 8th Av. S., Federal Way;
• Mailed to FWPS Educational Service Center, Office of the Superintendent, 33330 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, Wash. 98003; or
• Email signed application to email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be interviewed beginning at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7 at the FWPS Educational Service Center. Action on candidate selection will be taken at the special board meeting on Tuesday, May 7 at the Educational Service Center.
The selected candidate will take the oath of office on Tuesday, May 14.
For additional information and to download the application, visit the FWPS district website: www.fwps.org.