- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Sports briefs: Boys and Girls Club accepting youth for spring baseball league
• The Federal Way Boys and Girls Club is currently enrolling youth for the 2010 coed spring baseball leagues. The deadline for registration is May 10. Late registration will be accepted on a space-available basis and is an additional $5.
The coed spring league is a program for boys and girls in grades K through 7. Grades 1-2 will be a coed, coach-pitch league. Grades 3-4 will be a coed half-game coachpitch, half-game kid pitch. Grades 5-7 is a coed kid-pitch league. Teams are formed from local elementary and middle schools, area, and grade. The season runs from May 10-June 19. Games are played in the surrounding Federal Way area school ball fields.
The Club is also offering a Kindergarten Clinic for 4 through 6 year olds held on Saturdays only from 10-11 a.m. The Clinic runs from May 8-June 12.
The program costs $60 for 1st-7th grade/$55 for the Kindergarten clinic (plus $20 current Club membership fee).
The Club is also forming teams for their spring basketball league. Teams are formed by local school and/or area. The program costs $60 for all league (plus $20 current Club membership fee).
Registration can be done online @ www.fw-bgc.org or in person at the Club. For more information, contact Dolan Holt, Athletic Director at the Federal Way Boys and Girls Club at (253) 681-6514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Twin Lakes Penguin summer swim team is hosting a sign-up from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on May 15 at the Twin Lakes Country Club. The swim team is available to swimmers up to 18 years old who carry a Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club membership. Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) for safety reasons.
The cost is $90 for the first child and $35 for each additional child with a cap of $160. Practice begins on June 1.
For more information, email Shannon at email@example.com for more information.
• The Federal Way High School dance team will be hosting a dance showcase at 6 p.m. inside the school’s gymnasium on May 14. The showcase will also feature guest dancers and costs $5.
For additional information, contact Pat Adkins at (253) 945-5519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications are available at TOP Food & Drug stores for grants of up to $10,000 to improve community youth baseball/softball fields.
The Pepsi Refresh Your Field Project, co-sponsored by TOP Food & Drug, will award a grant of $10,000 and two grants of $5,000 to community fields in Washington. Applications must be postmarked by May 21 to be considered.
Applicants must detail why their local youth baseball and/or softball program needs a Pepsi Grant for local field renovation (or for new equipment or new uniforms) and how a Pepsi Grant will be used to accomplish the program’s goals. Prizes will be awarded to the official league, local park district or recreational center (as applicable) and not to individual winners or teams.
Five finalists will be selected. Fans at home games of the Seattle Mariners between June 7 and Aug. 15 will vote to determine the grant winners.
For application forms, visit the in-store displays at TOP Food & Drug stores.
• The Federal Way Track Club will offer its Summer Track Program at Thomas Jefferson High School. The program for athletes ages 8 to 13 practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning May 17. The program for athletes ages 14 to 18 practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning June 1. For more information, contact email@example.com for more details.
Send Sports Briefs to firstname.lastname@example.org