- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
High school athletes of the week: Nov. 8, 2008 | Federal Way Mirror
• Grade: Senior
• Sport: Girls swimming
• Accomplishment: Boggs won her third-straight West Central District title in the 100-yard butterfly last weekend at Rogers High School. Boggs won the district championship in the race by over four seconds in an automatic state-qualifying time of 56.83. Boggs has not lost a race in the 100 butterfly at the league or district level in the last two years. Boggs also finished second in the 50 freestyle behind TJ freshman Amber Cratsenberg. Boggs will swim both events at the Class 4A State Swimming and Diving Championships Nov. 14-15 at the Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center. Boggs finished sixth in the 100 butterfly at last year’s state championships.
• What is on your iPod?: “Before I race, I listen to old rock bands like Guns N’ Roses, Poison and AC/DC. I’ll listen to anything that pumps me up and has a good beat, so I can race fast.”
• What is your favorite class?: Anatomy and physiology. “Ms. Kearney is a great teacher and I enjoy learning from her because she makes it interesting and I like the subject.”
• Something people don’t know about you?: Boggs will be attending Seattle University in the fall to swim and is planning on studying to become a pediatric nurse. Boggs swims seven days a week with the King Aquatic swim team. She also hates Halloween. “I don’t like scary movies because I get scared so easily.”
• Grade: Sophomore
• Sport: Boys Cross Country
• Accomplishment: Braxmeyer finished up in 10th place at the West Central District Westside Classic meet Saturday at the American Lake Golf Course. The TJ sophomore was the highest placing boy or girl from the Federal Way School District. Braxmeyer is the only boy from the district to qualify for the Class 4A State Cross Country Championships in the Tri-Cities today.
• Favorite athlete: Julius Erving
• What is on your iPod?: Mostly rap and R&B
• What is your favorite class?: PE, specifically basketball
• Something people don’t know about you?: “My favorite sport is basketball and then soccer.”
• Grade: Sophomore
• Sport: Girls Cross Country
• Accomplishment: Kartes finished 12th at the West Central District meet and qualified for today’s state championship run in the Tri-Cities.
BEAMER RELAY TEAMS
• Sport: Swimming
• Accomplishment: The Titans won district titles in the 200-yard medley and 200 freestyle relay at Saturday’s West Central District Meet. The medley relay team included Rachel Kim, Jenelle Freeborn, Jessica Soria and Eryn Murphy. The free relay included Kelly Erickson, Soria, Kim and Murphy.
• Sport: Football
• Accomplishment: McFaul accounted for three touchdowns in the Gators’ 52-6 win over Beamer Saturday night. The senior caught a pair of touchdown passes from John Duncan and also returned an interception 36 yards for a score. It was Decatur’s first win of the season.