- About Us
LITTLE LEAGUE: Federal Way National Phillies win District 10 title; All-star tournaments underway
The Federal Way National Little League Phillies swept both the regular season and playoff titles in District 10 Junior League baseball. The 15-under team beat Steel Lake to win the postseason tournament on Sunday, 12-4.
National finished the regular season with a 12-4 record. Steel Lake finished second during the season with a 7-5 record.
The Federal Way National Phillies includes Justin Cater, Caleb Bryant, Brayden Brown, Derek Weinman, Justin Lim, Evan Baxter, Derwin Felix, Darryl Worcester, Tyler Houston, Luis Martinez, Antonio Burns, Kyren Haong, Jonathan Grimstad and Alex Morrison. The team is coached by Bob Clinton, Rick Burns and Nick Clinton.
Federal Way National and Steel Lake will now combine to form one team for the 2013 Junior League All-Star Tournament, which kicks off June 29 at Enumclaw High School.
In other District 10 all-star tournament action:
• The Federal Way National 9-10 softball team has advanced into the semifinals of the District 10 All-Star Tournament, which is being held at the complex in Federal Way.
National beat Fife/Milton/Edgewood in their opener Saturday, 10-0, and beat Chinook Sunday in the quarterfinals, 24-10. Both were four-inning mercy-rule wins. Federal Way will take on Soundview LL at 6 p.m. Tuesday with a berth into the title game on the line.
The team includes Christine Lee, Kaitlyn Terzakos, Peyton Miller, Jesenay Agulto, Faith Morris, Madison Johnson, Tiana MacLarty, Kaycie Haven, Maclairen Magruder, Anna Swanson, Jimena Cervantes, Elizabeth Wagner and Raiven Alexander-Brown. The team is coached by
• The 9-10 All-Star Baseball Tournament is also being contested at the Federal Way National Complex. The nine-team tournament, which included Steel Lake and Federal Way National, will conclude by Saturday.
Federal Way National is still alive after losing their opener to Auburn. National takes on Auburn at 6 p.m. Tuesday in a loser-out game. The team includes Keegan Adams, Nathan Cook, Luke Dalrymple, Tyler Harries, Willy Hernandez, Scott MacLaren, Aidan Mandia, Ryan Marino, Elijah Morales, Oscar Rincon, TJ Rincon, Andrew Russell, Sam Spicciati and James Turner.
Steel Lake was eliminated by FW National Monday. The team included Anthony Adams, Lauren Angelot, Rodney "RJ" Carver, Trevor Hendrickson, Cade Homfeldt, Max Lundberg, Isaias Mojica, Austin Null, Jacob Rice, Jaylon Sandlin, Luke Steinman and Jaylahn "JT" Tuimoloau. The team was managed by Ron Angelot, who is assisted by JP Frame and Steve Homfeldt.
• The 10-11 District 10 softball tournament starts Saturday at the Federal Way National Complex. Federal Way National will open against Auburn/Kent at 9 a.m.
The team includes Chloe Barrier, Hannah Blackmon, Abigail Cretti, Callie Davis, Sierra Jasso, Jessica Karmell, Destiny Medina, Audrey Patton, Haylee Pollard, Kawehioalani Sharpe, Leyna Wiley and Ainsley Yoshizumi.
• The 10-11 baseball tournament kicks off Saturday at the Federal Way National Complex. Steel Lake will open at 9 a.m. against Bonney Lake/Sumner.
The team includes Jack Arsenian, Zach Changes, Jack Ellis, Marcus Lacey, Justin Maggerise, Ryan Oka, Elyas Poore, Marques Richards, Justin Sanders, Jeffrey Sichmeller, Connor Smith and Justin Tokunaga. The team is coached by Jim Chanes, who is assisted by Tom Maggerise and Jeff Sichmeller.
National opens the tournament against Kent at noon. The team includes Cole Bakker, David Bedell, Carter Berry, Alex Bradshaw, Connor Ellingson, Abiel Gonzales, Judah Graham, Colin Heffernan, Brady Houston, Tyler Hoeft, Spencer Sugg, Adam Taylor and Zachary Yoon.
• The marquee event of the all-star season, the 2013 Little League (11-12) Baseball Tournament, kicks off June 29 at GSA Park in Auburn. The tournament ultimately culminates at the Little League World Series.
Federal Way National will open against Steel Lake at 9 a.m. National's team includes Malachi Afework, Blake Beck, Nate Clow, Tommy Davis, Gavin Knapp, Travis Miller, Brandon Niksich, Brandham Ponce, Ben Ray, Kyle Russell, Tyler Tribble, Tate Wallat and Mark Wright.
Steel Lake's team includes Jiyah Stewart, Connor Wells, Hunter Burget, Matthew Cundiff, Adam Daoud, Rake Fuavai, Ada Kempton, CJ McKelvey, Kincade McFarlane, Alex Miller, Raydin McSweeney and Bailey Phelps.
• The Federal Way National Junior Softball Team (15-under) starts their postseason run on July 1 at Tahoma High School. National will play a combined team of Bonney Lake/Sumner/South Hill at 6 p.m.
The team includes Kim Brainard, Ashley Clark, Hannah Coburn, Kayla Gaerttner, Alex Haven, Amanda Henderson, Jessie Holder, Tricia Hultman, Halli McGraw, Isabelle McLarty, Dejia Phelps, Sam Simundson, Gennie Summers and Grace Sunitsch.
• The Federal Way National Majors (12-under) softball team will open up their District 10 tournament on June 25 at the Federal Way National Complex. The team includes Karsyn Bryant, Lindsay Cummings, Aislind Dail, Autumn Harris, Chloe Kirsch, Taylor McGillis, Lauren Meyer, Marie Poloma, Sidney Stratto, Hannah Togia and Shelby Welfringer.