- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
TJ leads all-sports championship after fall
The Mirror is starting a new Federal Way All-Sports Championship award, which will track the overall performance of the athletic programs of all four high schools in the city Beamer, Decatur, Federal Way and Jefferson.
The award ranks the schools finishes in the South Puget Sound League South Division in every sport. We will award 20 points to the highest placing Federal Way district school in the league standings, 15 for the second highest, 10 for third and five points for fourth. Five bonus points are awarded for an SPSL South championship.
Following the fall sports season, which includes football, volleyball, girls soccer, cross country, girls swimming, golf and boys tennis, Jefferson holds a slight lead over Decatur. The Raiders sit with 152.5 points in large part, to their league titles in boys and girls cross country and boys tennis. Decatur is right behind with 150 total points, thanks to a league title in girls golf and high finishes in football, volleyball and girls soccer.
Federal Way sits in third with 85 points and Beamer trails in fourth with 82.5, thanks to a solid finish in boys golf.
The Federal Way All-Sports Championship standings after the fall sports season will be updated following the winter season, which includes boys and girls basketball, boys swimming, wrestling and gymnastics.
The final standings will conclude after the spring sports season.
The SPSL South conducts a similar type of award for its 10-team league awarding points for first through ninth place.
Puyallup High School leads after the fall sports season with 100.50 points, Curtis is second with 89.5 and Decatur is third with 82.5 points. Jefferson sits in fourth place with 77.33 points. Federal Way is ninth with 24.33 points and Beamer is 10th with 15.5.