- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
TRACKING THE GRADS: Baseball players in college
• Matt Hart — The Beamer grad is currently playing his senior year at the University of Southern California after transferring from Santa Ana Community College. The infielder has started eight games this season and is hitting .125 with two runs and two RBIs. The Trojans are currently 8-13 overall. Last year, Hart started 37 games and hit .267 with 12 RBIs and three stolen bases.
Hart started his college career at Washington State before transferring to Santa Ana. Last year, he led the team with a .427 average in 46 games. He had 13 doubles, three home runs, 37 RBIs and 14 stolen bases. He also scored 51 runs. Hart was named to the Orange Empire Conference’s first team as an infielder.
• Jeff Brigham — The Thomas Jefferson grad is playing his freshman season at the University of Washington. The right-hander has appeared in nine games and started one for the Huskies. Brigham is 2-0 with a 3.71 ERA in 17 innings with 18 strikeouts.
• Cole Bixenman — The Todd Beamer High School graduate is playing his senior season at Linfield College in McMinville, Ore. The catcher has started all 18 games this season and is hitting .338 with seven doubles, one home run and 12 RBIs. Linfield is currently 14-4 overall.
Last year, Bixenman hit .299 with a team-leading 57 RBIs, 11 home runs, 16 doubles and 35 runs.
As a sophomore, Bixenman hit .383 and led the Northwest Conference in RBIs with 53 in 40 games. Bixenman had nine home runs, seven doubles and scored 36 runs.
• Kenny Johnson — The Todd Beamer grad is playing his freshman season at Linfield. The middle infielder is hitting .316 with three runs and five RBIs. He has played in 11 games.
• Brady Kincannon — The Decatur graduate is playing his junior season at Central Washington University. The infielder has started 13 games this season and is hitting an impressive .358 with six runs, two doubles, one home run and six RBIs. Kincannon transferred from Chmeketa Community College.
• Brad Carter — The 2007 Decatur High School grad is currently playing at Western Oregon. Carter is a right-handed pitcher and has appeared in six games and is 0-0 with a 2.79 earned-run average. Western Oregon is 13-9 on the season.
• Logan Capp — The Beamer grad is playing his senior year at Dickinson State University in North Dakota. Capp, a catcher, has played in 10 games and is hitting .304 with three runs, one triple and four RBIs. Dickinson State is 8-7 overall.
• Andy Racus — The Federal Way grad is currently playing at Jamestown College in North Dakota. The catcher transferred after playing two seasons at Shoreline Community College. Racus is hitting .289 with six runs and a team-leading three home runs and 11 RBIs. Jamestown is 8-4-1 on the season.
• Marcus Hudson — The Decatur grad is 0-0 in one game at Jamestown College.
• Brock Gates — Gates, a Decatur grad, transferred to Pacific Lutheran University from Edmonds Community College after spending a year at the University of Washington.
The first baseman is hitting .316 with a team-leading 14 runs, two doubles, one triple, one home run and five RBIs. The Lutes are currently 7-9 on the season.
• Travis Crumb — The Beamer graduate is playing his freshman season at Tacoma Community College. Crumb is a pitcher/outfielder. The Titans are 3-1 on the season.
“Travis is a kid that flew under the radar a little this year,” said head caoch Ryan Mummert. “He has a high baseball IQ and can really swing the bat. Travis has the build to add some muscle which will really increase his power potential. Great upside.”
• Taylor Stark — The Jefferson grad is playing his sophomore season at Grays Harbor Community College. Stark is a right-handed pitcher.
• Harold Adams — The Thomas Jefferson grad is playing his freshman season at Green River Community College. Adams is an outfielder.
• Derek Voigt — The Jefferson grad is playing at Pierce College. Voigt is a sophomore pitcher. Pierce has started the season with a 6-2 record. Voigt is hitting .360 with five RBIs and one home run.
• Brian Corliss — The Beamer grad is playing at Pierce College. Corliss is a right-handed pitcher and infielder. He is hitting .444 with six RBIs.
• Drew Staples — The TJ grad is playing at Pierce College. Staples is a left-handed, sophomore pitcher.
• Stephen Foster — The Beamer grad is playing his sophomore season at Pierce College. Foster is a left-handed pitcher.
• Jerett Hardy — The sophomore from Thomas Jefferson is playing infield at Pierce College. Hardy is hitting .333 with two RBIs.
• TJ Horsfall — The Federal Way grad is playing his freshman year at Pierce College. Horsfall is a right-handed pitcher.
• Elliot Morris — The Federal Way grad is playing his freshman year at Pierce College. He is a right-handed pitcher.
• Austin Campbell — The freshman pitcher from Jefferson is also playing at Pierce College.
Tracking the Grads appears periodically in the Mirror. If we missed someone, email email@example.com.