- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Help the homeless on May 8 | Federal Way letters
I invite each and every one of you to our Reach Out booth at the Federal Way Farmers Market on May 8. In case you are not aware of what Reach Out is or what Reach Out does, let me tell you a little bit about us. Under the direction of CCS and chairwoman Nancy Jaenicke, we feed and shelter the unfortunate homeless men during the winter months of October through the end of March. Then we continue to do fundraisers to acquire funds the next coming winter season.
It's a continuing battle to gather funds, especially in this economy. My ultimate dream is to have a permanent housing (shelter) similar to a duplex for both men and women, with shower and laundry facilities.
Reach Out is providing shelter and support services to help homeless men in Federal Way move toward self-sufficiency. The men really need a spring/summer shelter also to keep them from walking the streets all day and sleeping in the woods or walking the streets all night.
Thank you in advance for your visit.
Carroll Fisher, Federal Way