- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Let's talk about liberals | Federal Way letters
Walter Backstrom's columns are a combination of information, facts and opinion all rolled into one. They are interesting and usually give a conservative view of a lot of situations.
Letter writer Frank Gibbs' comments about Pat Gee were interesting. You say the party of hate is Limbaugh, Beck and Coulter. I say the party of hate is Pelosi, Frank, Sanders, Boxer, etc., and of course we can't leave out those pillars of high morals the liberal Democrats have like Edwards, Kennedy and Frank. Many of President Obama's cabinet choices were not paying their taxes, until he chose them to serve in his cabinet.
Yes, you liberal Democrats have a lot to be proud of. Also let's not leave out the attacks by Democrats of senior citizens at the town hall meetings, calling those hard working, tax paying great Americans names like racist, mobs, etc.
Frank, your side has so many ways of getting the liberal Democrat view of any issue out with CNN, MSNBC (Obama news network), CBS, ABC, late night clowns Letterman, Stewart, Saturday Night Live, etc. Conservatives on the other hand have Fox and few radio shows.
Thanks to papers like The Mirror, we do get to express our opinions and actually have them printed occasionally.
Ronald Petitte, Federal Way