- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Vote yes for Federal Way school levy | Letter
It is time for re-approval of the Educational Programs and Operations Levy for Federal Way Public Schools. On behalf of the board of directors of Communities in Schools of Federal Way, we urge all citizens to vote “YES.”
The key facts:
• Approval of this Levy will not raise your taxes.
• This levy simply replaces the expiring levy this community supported.
• The existing levy will expire before this new levy takes effect.
• This new levy is identical to the expiring levy.
• This levy provides about one-fifth (20 percent) of the annual school budget.
• This levy maintains the current educational programs for our students.
• This levy maintains current funding from state and federal coffers.
• This levy will be in place for four years with no rate increases.
Verify these facts, then show your support for Federal Way Public Schools and our kids and vote “YES.” Thank you.
Pete Gonzales, Communities in Schools of Federal Way