- About Us
Proposed church has much to give
Open letter to the Federal Way City Council:
My wife and I have been members of Christian Faith Center for over 13 years. I think if you took the time to investigate our church thoroughly, you would be convinced that we desire to give to and bless your community. Since Im a numbers guy, heres a list of a few of the benefits our church would bring to the community of Federal Way:
1. Tools to help marriages grow stronger, and healing for struggling ones.
2. Parental guidance for not only the traditional family but for those with extra challenges (i.e. single-parent homes).
3. A place for young people to have an alternative to drugs, premarital sex, alcohol addiction, and the other traps our kids get caught in.
4. A life of joy
5. A prodding to go for excellence in every area of life.
6. A place of healing for body, soul and spirit.
7. A lifestyle where giving is a greater virtue than receiving.
If you believe that these benefits are not important to the families of Federal Way, then I could understand why the city is fighting so hard to keep us from building. But if you believe that these principles are important to a community as I do, then I would expect that you would embrace our desire to join your community.
What do you fear? Are you afraid we will take from the community rather than give to it? Are you really being fair with us, or are you taking advantage of our kindness?
I hope that your council is not swayed by a minority voice of hatred toward Christians. I hope you choose the wise course and allow us to build without the egregious roadblocks.
Weve been in the south King County area for over 20 years and plan to stay in this area for many years to come. I encourage you to embrace our efforts to be a blessing to your community.
Grant R. Bruneau