- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Solving the traffic mess
Being a United States citizen from day one and watching a lot of fleecing of America, I speak for every average working American. There is no accountabilty by anyone for anything. Watching Meet the Press and the black and white segments from the 1960s, the same problems we have today were addressed then. It is apparent that nothing will change in my lifetime.
To solve the traffic problem in the state and the Seattle Metro area, I suggest the following:
1. Drivers licenses given in English only. If you do not speak and write English, you do not drive. A safety concern as well: Have non-English-speaking drivers read the owners manual? Im Latvian-American; where is the test in Latvian?
2. Suspended drivers licenses: Impound their cars and trucks. They can bail out their car when they are legal drivers again.
3. Once a citizen reaches the age of 70, they need to be retested, both written and driving. Once they reach 75, they can take the Metro.
4. Allow seniors to drive only at certain times. i.e., 10 a.m. to 3 p,m. Colored bumper stickers to identify these drivers. If they need to get somewhere outside of this period of time, take the Metro.
5. Allow hybrid cars in transit lanes.