- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Kudos to restaurants who feed the homeless | Letters
I celebrate and commend you, Steve Sheeley (Shorty), for having the heart and caring feeling to be there on the Thanksgiving Day holiday and giving your time to offer your food to the homeless. Shorty had released 100 tickets a couple of weeks prior to Thanksgiving to the homeless.
Shorty started early in the morning, cooking and preparing the food including: turkeys, potatoes, green beans with bacon, gravy, yams, rolls, cranberry sauce, apple and pumpkin tarts, coffee, punch, etc. He offered more than enough for seconds for all who wanted. Shorty even fed the volunteers and sent meals home with them for their spouses and their families.
Shorty operates his restaurant at 34404 Pacific Highway South. The restaurant sits back a little way from the road, which makes it hard to see. Most people cannot tell you where Shorty’s Grub House is. In fact, they probably have never heard of it.
Shorty wants to thank all of his customers and friends who donated financially toward this fine dinner. All had a great and filling meal at Shorty’s.
Carroll Fisher, Federal Way