- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Federal Way Mirror has openings for editorial board | Publisher's Desk
In March 2011, The Mirror formed the editorial board with the purpose of bringing together community members of the greater Federal Way area to address important issues.
The board has written a number of editorials, discussed hot topics, endorsed campaigns, and addressed specific referendums. The board consists of five community members along with the editor and publisher of The Mirror.
Two of these inaugural positions are due to expire in March 2014.
Should you want to be considered for a seat for one of these openings, please email email@example.com with a short statement as to why you want to be involved and why you should be selected.
Before applying for this position, please consider the following:
• Board members will represent a range of backgrounds, both political and socioeconomic.
• You must be keenly aware of the issues in Federal Way.
• You must be open-minded and have the ability to listen and discuss multiple points of view.
• Your name will be printed in the masthead of the editorial pages of The Mirror. This could lead to public criticism and complaints.
• While on the board you and immediate family members will need to refrain from endorsing any issues in Federal Way that could be viewed as a conflict of interest. This will include politically charged issues and political candidates. Additionally, you or your spouse cannot be currently in any elected office.
• You are asked to commit to a two-year term, and attend meetings twice per month at 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
This is an unpaid volunteer position. This commitment will begin in March 2014.
Statements are due by Dec. 31.