- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
New marketing slogans for Federal Way | Andy Hobbs
Bumper sticker sarcasm is beautiful. A bumper sticker seen in Federal Way said I Love Airport Noise, only instead of the word Love, there was a red heart.
Now there’s a message for you. It gets a laugh while poking a hot spot. That bumper sticker on the Ford Explorer might have belonged to a resident in the Marine Hills neighborhood. Apparently, the noise is so bad that Congressman Adam Smith has been summoned.
Airport noise aside, there’s something worth noting about a message that resonates. The city, for example, just adopted a new slogan for attracting business after a two-year marketing study: “Think smart. Move fast. Think Federal Way.”
Does the message drum up a call to action while touching a nerve? This three-part command, if I really chew on it, implies that opening for business is quick and easy. Plus, if I’m in a hurry, Federal Way has the deal. I like the part about smart, although it’s best not to over-think the slogan. Let’s hope it pays off.
Anyway, it is much better than past Federal Way slogans, which include “It’s all within reach.” Tell me again, what was that message reaching for?
Here are a few suggestions for motivational slogans. Please share your ideas too. A few of these would make awesome bumper stickers to plaster all over town, if you’re so inclined.
• Federal Way: Where sexy people play
• Federal Way: At least it’s not Aberdeen
• Get rich in Federal Way or die trying
• Federal Way: We’ll let you be in our dreams if we can be in yours
• Federal Way: Live today
• Federal Way: Home of Jimi Hendrix, sort of
• Federal Way: Welcome home
• Federal Way: Where quality of life matters
• Federal Way: Now without medical marijuana dispensaries
• Federal Way: Safer than the media leads you to believe
• Federal Way: The relentless pursuit of better living
• Live. Work. Play. Stay. Federal Way.
• Turn the key in Federal Way
• Burn bright in Federal Way
• Federal Way: Follow the light
• Federal Way: Where ideas are born
• Federal Way: Creative corner of the county
• Federal Way: We are not afraid
• Federal Way: Where voices could be louder
• Federal Way: Live to play, play to live
• Federal Way: Call it a bedroom community, and we’ll break your legs
• Federal Way: Yes, we have waterfront real estate!
• Federal Way: Get lost, King County. We’ll take care of ourselves.
• Federal Way: In the field of opportunity, it’s plowing time again
• Federal Way: Medical device manufacturing capital of the Northwest
• Federal Way: Where creation is the secret to success
• Federal Way: By creation, we mean manufacturing
• Federal Way: By manufacturing, we mean creating something that was not there before, then selling it, thus generating more demand for the manufactured product, which means the creation of jobs, which means the creation of more tax dollars from people who move here because of all that creation.
• Federal Way: Make it happen