The Washington State Patrol will be working with local outreach organizations in having another outreach event at the Federal Way rest area from 7-9 p.m. on Nov. 26. This will be the third event like this in 2018. With winter here and the cold weather coming with it, the WSP is hoping that through a joint effort they can continue to provide assistance and resources to people and families in need.
The following organizations have been working with WSP throughout 2018 to reach out to people in crisis and/or need at the rest area:
• Help Northwest – http://www.helpnorthwest.com/
• Domestic Abuse Women’s Network – http://dawnrising.org/
• Multi-Service Center – www.mschelps.org
• Valley Cities – http://www.valleycities.org/
• South Sound Dream Center – http://ssdreamcenter.org/
• Catholic Community Services of King County – www.ccsww.org
Together with WSP they have brought much needed resources and assistance to people who were not getting it elsewhere. There has been food, clothing, housing and other resources provided to people who attended prior events. WSP continues to search for ways to find long-term solutions for the struggles that citizens face, and these organizations have stepped up to provide a helping hand in that mission.
All of these organizations are continually seeking and accepting volunteers and/or donations to assist with their missions, especially as the needs continually increase during the holidays and colder weather.