Suspect steals car with baby, grandmother in back seat

  • Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:05pm
  • News

The following is a sample of the Federal Way Police crime blotter:

Fruitless attempt: At 6:31 a.m. Feb. 21, an employee at a business in the 2000 block of South 320th Street reported that during the night, someone reached in through a small opening in the window and gained entry. The suspect then tried to pry open three cash register drawers under the front counter. The suspect was unable to open the cash drawers, which were empty at the time. Nothing else was missing.

Theft observed: At 12:35 p.m. Feb. 21, police responded to Federal Way High School after a construction worker reported a theft. The worker was working in a scissor lift on the baseball fields when he observed a white van pull up and a male in his mid-20s get out. The suspect stole a large saw from the job site, put it in the van and left before the worker could get down from the lift. The equipment was valued at $1,100.

Reckless burning: At 3:40 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 100 block of South 330th Street, someone reported that overnight an unknown person sprayed some type of liquid accelerant on the steps outside of an apartment and lit it on fire. Only the surface paint was damaged.

Leaving without the goods: At 10:03 a.m. Feb. 20 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, someone reported, during the night, an unknown person took aluminum window parts from Pacific Window Systems and stacked them in the Utility Trailer Sales storage lot. The suspect attempted to steal a wheel from one of the trailers and removed one tire from the rim. All parts of the wheel were located.

Not the right suspect: At 1:34 Feb. 20, a person contacted officers at the police department stating he wanted to turn himself in for eluding a Kent officer the day before. The Kent officer arrived and concluded the male was not the driver in question. The person then stated he needed to report his car was stolen from the parking lot of Greystone Meadows Apartment the day before. He said while on his way to work that morning, he located it in the parking lot of Salty’s at Redondo Beach. He then drove it home.

Unfounded report: At 10:53 a.m. Feb. 19 in the 31100 block of Pacific Highway South, a person called 911 to report an unknown teenager threatened to harm him after the person bumped into him. The caller said the teenager yelled and challenged him to a fight outside. A nearby employee then grabbed the teenager and told him to leave the business. The employee said the caller purposely bumped into the teenager and began to yell at him.

Inhalants are dangerous: At 4:55 p.m. Feb. 19 in the 30500 block of Pacific Highway South, an officer observed a man in a business holding two aerosol cans in both hands. He was breathing heavily and foaming from the mouth and unresponsive to commands. He was previously observed inhaling from two paint cans in front of businesses and yelling and screaming in the median. The man was also contacted and cited by an officer earlier in the day for inhaling from aerosol cans inside a business on 320th Street. He was involuntarily committed.

Violent assault: At 6:08 a.m. Feb. 18, police responded to a residence on Southwest Campus Drive for a report of a physical assault. The female victim reported her boyfriend had hit her in the head multiple times. The suspect was not located. The victim was treated at St. Francis Hospital for external injuries and possible internal injuries due to strangulation.

Bad hiding spot: At 1:23 p.m. Feb. 17 at the Jack in the Box on 14th Avenue South, officers responded to a report of a suspicious person. When they arrived, they found the suspect hiding under a table. During the interview, where he had been read his rights, the suspect admitted to committing several prior commercial burglaries. Many of the items were located inside a trailer on South 310th Street.

Close call: At 6:37 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a woman reported to police she had parked her vehicle in the Fred Meyer parking lot and left it running while she ran into the store. Her infant son and elderly mother were sitting in the back seat at the time. The woman told police, after about five minutes, a male got into the running car and drove off, and her mother started screaming. The victim told police the man then looked at the baby and the elderly woman in the back seat, parked the vehicle and ran away. Nothing was broken or stolen, and the woman said she was telling police because she did not want the same thing to happen to another family.

More in News

Federal Way Public Academy students call for end to school violence

Organizing a walkout a learning experience for seventh-grader.

Aggressive parents confront mother of alleged bully

Police also respond to report of firearm left in coffee shop.

Sheriff’s office warns of kidnapping scam

Parents report receiving call demanding money for child’s return.

Decatur High students march for change in walkout

We Act Club organized Wednesday event.

Man bitten by dogs threatened by their owner

Police also help save 10-year-old girl.

City moves toward water and sewer utility tax

The 7.75-percent fee levied on Lakenhaven customers would generate close to $1 million a year.

Highline College hosting free spring job fair

Nearly 60 employers expected at March 14 event

King County Sheriff’s Office seizes nearly $10 million of illegal marijuana

Search warrants served in Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Renton and other cities.

Most Read