Federal Way Public Schools kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year opens on Monday, Jan. 16. Families with a child who will be 5 years old by Aug. 31, 2018, are welcome to enroll their student online or at school.
To enroll online, go to fwps.org/onlineenrollment and click on the “Student Registration” link to start the process. Families can also register in person at the child’s school during regular hours. The following documents are recommended at the time of registration:
• Child’s birth certificate.
• Proof of address (rental agreement, purchase agreement or utility bill).
• Child’s immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B and varicella (chicken pox).
The Federal Way school district is offering two activities to welcome and introduce incoming kindergartners and their families to FWPS.
• Jump Start is a 90-minute orientation at the school site. Families are invited to attend this evening event to meet kindergarten and administrative staff, see the classrooms and get a feel for the school. There are multiple Jump Start dates throughout the months of May and June.
• K Camp is a summer camp that will take place during the week of Aug. 13. This camp gives students a chance to acclimate to the classroom, learn the layout of the school, engage in activities and get to know the teachers.
For more information, and a list of dates for Jump Start and K Camp, visit fwps.org/Page/437.