A condominium fire that killed a woman in December was caused by cooking on a portable propane stove on a balcony.
South King Fire & Rescue announced the cause of the Dec. 26 fire in a media release on Wednesday.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental.
Carol A. Halder, 69, who lived in a unit adjacent to where the fire started, died in the blaze.
Firefighters had to remove Halder, who had respiratory and mobility issues, from her condo. She died at the scene shortly after she was removed from the building.
Three of the eight units in the building sustained significant damage, while the others had moderate smoke and water damage valued at $400,000, according to SKFR.