A fire gutted an older single-wide mobile home in the 1600 block of South 272nd Street in Federal Way overnight.
South King Fire & Rescue Capt. Jeff Bellinghausen said units were on scene in the small trailer park at 12:26 a.m. Tuesday, and the mobile home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.Units from Puget Sound Fire and King County Medic One assisted SKFR at the scene, which was cleared by 2:30 a.m., Bellinghausen said.
The mobile home and its contents were destroyed in the blaze. The lone occupant, a man in his 60s, got out of the house but suffered burns to his neck and back. He was treated for his injuries at the scene and transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with first- and second-degree burns to 15 percent of his body, Bellinghausen said.
SKFR is determining what started the fire, but Bellinghausen said the cause appears to be cooking related.