- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Campaign news for Federal Way candidates | ELECTION 2010
The following info is culled from Mirror staff reports. Last updated on July 12:
• State Rep. Mark Miloscia (Democrat, 30th District) invites all who wish to attend to come to his re-election campaign’s kickoff event. The event will be held 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 19, at the Miloscia residence (30720 19th Ave. S., Federal Way). Light appetizers will be provided. Please park at the Steel Lake Presbyterian Church. For questions or to RSVP, contact Rep. Miloscia at (253) 839-7087.
• Mayor candidate Jim Ferrell will hold a "Party for Jim" from 5 to 7 p.m. July 15 at 1101 1st Ave. (Watermark Tower) in downtown Seattle, five blocks from the courthouse next to McCormick's & Schmick's. Hosted by Mark Larson and David Martin. Music, food, free beer and wine. Click here to learn more.
• District 30 state representative position 2 candidate Katrina Asay will hold a campaign kickoff 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, at Best Western Evergreen Suites, at South 320th and I-5 in Federal Way. Former King County Executive candidate Susan Hutchison and State Rep. Bruce Dammeier (R-Puyallup) will be guest speakers.
• On July 8, a 30th District Democrats spokesman confirmed the group's endorsement for Federal Way mayor candidate Mike Park.
• State Sen. Tracey Eide (D-District 30) will hold a campaign office grand opening from 5 to 7 p.m. July 12 at 1025 S. 320th St., Suite 205, Federal Way. Event will feature campaigns for Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), Congressman Adam Smith (D-District 9) and Democratic state representative candidate Carol Gregory. To learn more, call (206) 212-6018 or e-mail email@example.com.
• District 30 State Sen. Tracey Eide (D) received an endorsement from the Law Enforcement Administrators of Washington.
• Anthony Kalchik, a candidate for District 30 state representative position 2, received the endorsement of Secretary of State Sam Reed.
Kalchik will host a roundtable discussion featuring Reed at 7:30 p.m. July 14 at Kalchik Realty, 2025 S. 341st Place, Federal Way. To RSVP: (253) 254-0513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
District 30 State Representative candidate Shawn Sullivan will hold a campaign fundraiser July 4 at Steel Lake Park in Federal Way. For more information including time, visit www.voteshawnsullivan.com or call (253) 335-4948.
Mayor candidate Mike Park will hold a reception 2 to 4 p.m. July 10 at Clarion Hotel Rainier Room, 3161 20th Ave. S., Federal Way. Call (253) 880-9361 to learn more. Park is inviting the citizens of Federal Way to personally meet him. Food and refreshments will be provided. Visit www.votepark.com.
Mayor candidate Linda Kochmar will hold an event to discuss issues related to alcoholism, drug addiction and domestic violence. This campaign fundraiser will include a guest speaker, Kochmar's sister Winnie Clements, a state defense attorney who will talk about families in crisis. Event runs 4 to 6 p.m. July 10 at the home of Dennis Carnell and Teresa Whatley, 232 SW 292nd St., Federal Way, WA 98003 (Redondo area). Call (253) 839-7419 to learn more. Visit www.lindakochmar.com.
Dear candidates: To get your campaign event listed here, e-mail information to email@example.com