- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Local election week events
• Oct. 31 a fundraiser for Obama/Biden and local democrats will take place at 8 p.m. at the Tukwila Community Center at 12424 42nd Ave. South in Tukwila. The event will feature dancing, guest speakers, silent auctions, raffle, games and a monster mash dance off.
Suggested minimum donation of $10 is requested.
• On Nov. 2, there will be a Democratic National Committee rally at the Van Asselt Community Center, 2820 S. Myrtle St., Seattle. Howard Dean, Gov. Chris Gregoire, Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, Congressman Jay Inslee, Public Lands Commissioner candidate Peter Goldmark and state attorney general candidate John Ladenburg will all attend. The event starts at 10:30 a.m.
• On Nov. 4 (Election Day), the Washington State Democratic Central Committee (WSDCC) will host a party to celebrate Democratic victories at the Downtown Seattle Westin Hotel, 1900 Fifth Ave. The party starts at 8 p.m. Starting at 7 p.m. Nov. 4, congressional candidate Darcy Burner will host her election party at the Bellevue Westin, 600 Bellevue Way NE.
• The King County Republican Party is concentrating more on sign waving, door-to-door contacts and phone banks in the last week before elections, so don't be surprised if you hear or see the GOP out and about this weekend.
• On Nov. 3, the Republicans will hold a rally for gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi in Issaquah. The event runs from 3:30 to 5 p.m. and will be held at the Pickering Barn, 1730 10th Ave. NE.