- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Municipal League rates 2012 candidates | ELECTION
The Municipal League of King County has released its candidate ratings for the 2012 election, including candidates in District 30.
The league is a volunteer-driven, non-partisan and non-profit organization dedicated to good government. Volunteers throughout King County review candidate questionnaires, study the public record, speak with references and conduct candidate interviews. Committee members then rate each candidate on four criteria: involvement, character, effectiveness and knowledge. The possible ratings are Outstanding, Very Good, Good, Adequate, Not Qualified and Insufficient Information.
District 30 position 1 candidates
• Linda Kochmar (Republican): Very Good
• Roger Flygare (Democrat): Very Good
• Tony Moore (Republican): Very Good
• Thom Macfarlane (Democrat): Good.
• Jerry Galland (Republican): Not Qualified. The league notes that Galland did not return a questionnaire.
District 30 position 2 candidates
• Katrina Asay (Republican): Outstanding
• Rick Hoffman (Democrat): Good
• Roger Freeman (Democrat): Good
Read the questionnaires
Definition of Municipal League ratings
• Outstanding: Has made numerous outstanding contributions requiring skills related to the office, is a path-finding and respected leader, brings knowledge and creativity to issues facing the office.
• Very Good: Makes significant contributions, is a skilled builder of consensus, inspires confidence in the way he/she would serve, is thorough and attentive to issues.
• Good: Has been active and effective in many roles, is capable of moving people to productive action, has strong record of participation in problem solving, shows satisfactory commitment to tackling issues.
• Adequate: Has a record of participation and interest, is effective on specific issues, has provoked questions about suitability as an office holder, will need significant time/energy to fill gaps in knowledge.
• Not Qualified: Doesn’t appear engaged, has a record that casts doubt on ability to be productive, hasn’t demonstrated ability to deal with responsibilities of office, has narrow focus, inflexible attitude or is otherwise troubling.
To learn more about the Municipal League of King County, visit http://www.munileagueratings.org.