- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Municipal League rates Federal Way City Council candidates | ELECTION 2011
The Municipal League of King County has released its candidate ratings for the 2011 election.
The league is a volunteer-driven, non-partisan and non-profit organization dedicated to good government. Volunteers throughout King County review candidate questionnaires, study the public record, speak with references and conduct candidate interviews. Committee members then rate each candidate on four criteria: involvement, character, effectiveness and knowledge. The possible ratings are Outstanding, Very Good, Good, Adequate, Not Qualified and Insufficient Information.
Here are the Federal Way candidate ratings for city council races (note: the league did not rate candidates for Federal Way school board, South King Fire and Rescue board of commissioners or Lakehaven Utility District board of commissioners):
• Federal Way City Council position 1: Jim Ferrell (incumbent), Very Good
• Federal Way City Council position 3: Roger Flygare, Adequate; Susan Honda, Very Good; Mark Koppang Very Good; Scott Sparling, Adequate
• Federal Way City Council position 5: Bob Celski, Good; Jack Dovey (incumbent), Very Good
• Federal Way City Council position 7: Dini Duclos (incumbent), Outstanding; Keith Tyler, Adequate
Definition of Municipal League ratings
• Outstanding: Has made numerous outstanding contributions requiring skills related to the office, is a path-finding and respected leader, brings knowledge and creativity to issues facing the office.
• Very Good: Makes significant contributions, is a skilled builder of consensus, inspires confidence in the way he/she would serve, is thorough and attentive to issues.
• Good: Has been active and effective in many roles, is capable of moving people to productive action, has strong record of participation in problem solving, shows satisfactory commitment to tackling issues.
• Adequate: Has a record of participation and interest, is effective on specific issues, has provoked questions about suitability as an office holder, will need significant time/energy to fill gaps in knowledge.
• Not Qualified: Doesn’t appear engaged, has a record that casts doubt on ability to be productive, hasn’t demonstrated ability to deal with responsibilities of office, has narrow focus, inflexible attitude or is otherwise troubling.
To learn more about the Municipal League of King County, visit www.munileague.org.