- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bomb threat at The Commons mall | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bomb scare: At 5:35 a.m. July 24 at 1928 S. Commons, a subject called to report a bomb at the mall. The subject called 911 several times, making lewd comments to the dispatcher. Police responded to the call, but did not locate a bomb.
• Assault: At 3:53 a.m. July 24 in the 28600 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported her brother punched her in the face during an argument.
• Swindled: At 1:34 a.m. July 24 in the 32900 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported that he or she traded a suspect five $20 bills for a $100 bill when the suspect asked for change. The victim later realized the $100 bill was counterfeit.
• Street assault: At 11:19 p.m. July 25 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a victim was in her car when she was approached by suspects who asked to borrow her phone. The victim lent her phone to the suspects. She was then punched in the face and the suspects tried to pull her from her vehicle.
• Commercial burglary: At 7:06 p.m. July 24 at 33650 6th Ave. S., it was reported that a suspect threw a rock through a window, then stole a laptop.
• Stolen vehicle: At 4:58 p.m. July 25 at 1900 S. 314th St., a victim's vehicle was stolen from a parking lot while the victim shopped at Wal-Mart.
• Suspicious person: At 2:49 p.m. July 25 in the 32100 block of 40th Place Southwest, a suspicious person was reported. Police responded and found a man sleeping in the driver's seat of a stolen vehicle. The man resisted arrest.
• Shots fired: At 5:04 a.m. July 25 in the 2400 block of South 326th Lane, a suspect was taken into custody for firing a handgun into the woods near Steel Lake Park. The suspect was firing at coyotes.
• Dog attack: At 10:28 a.m. July 26 in the 32000 block of 43rd Place Southwest, a complainant reported that a neighbor's pit bull attacked his dog. The dog required surgery.
• Attempted theft: At 6:05 p.m. July 27 in the 34500 block of 16th Avenue South, a suspect concealed merchandise in her baby stroller and attempted to steal the items.