- About Us
Ex-employee accused of embezzling $38,000 | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Embezzlement: At 12:20 a.m. July 23 at 33405 6th Ave. S., an internal theft of approximately $38,000 was reported. A real estate employee had recently been terminated due to the economy. The process brought the embezzlement to management's attention.
• Threat: At 3:28 p.m. July 23 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, it was reported that a suspect threatened, via MySpace, to murder a victim.
• Robbery: At 9:23 p.m. July 21 at 31458 Pacific Highway South, a suspect was robbed as he cleaned his car at a car wash.
• Suspicious subjects: At 5:39 p.m. July 22 in the 31900 block of 3rd Lane Southwest, a complainant heard a knock on the door, but did not answer the door. Three subjects then tried to enter the residence through the back door.
• Assault: At 2:48 p.m. July 22 in an undisclosed area, a man was arrested after trying to strike a police officer with a cane.
• Missing gun: At 10:03 a.m. July 22 in the 31400 block of Pacific Highway South, a complainant reported his or her gun was missing. The person was not sure if it was stolen or lost in a Kent home.
• Stolen prescription drugs: At 5:16 p.m. July 22 in the 29900 block of 26th Avenue South, it was reported that a 120-count prescription bottle full of oxycodone was stolen from a vehicle.
• Animal complaint: At 8:09 p.m. July 21 in the 33200 block of 26th Avenue Southwest, a dog escaped from a backyard was seen chasing children.
• Warrant: At 5:04 p.m. July 21 at 2410 S. 312th St., a juvenile with a warrant was apprehended after his or her mom called police and reported the juvenile's location at Steel Lake Park.
• Fire extinguishers: At 12:26 a.m. July 19 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, 10 used fire extinguishers were recovered. Spray from the devices was found on an apartment complex's walls.
• Attempted theft: At 4:01 a.m. July 21 in the 1500 block of South 356th, police were doing an area check when a suspect was found in the bushes. The suspect attempted to attempting to steal vehicle parts.